Did you get engaged over the Thanksgiving weekend? Do you think you will be proposed to between now and Valentines Day? Your one of 40% that get engage during this timeframe! Congratulations! Now what do you do?
R – E – L – A -X enjoy this time and bask in the glow of being engaged.
Wait a month before you delve into planning. But before you go out and interview vendors think about the following
What is your wedding style? Will your ceremony take place in a place of worship or will it be at the reception site or at city hall? Will it be very formal or informal? What desired qualities do you want in your wedding? What time of year will your wedding be, will it be in the morning or evening? How many attendants, and guest are you thinking of. What type of reception will you have, will it be Champagne brunch a tea or a sit down dinner? These are all questions you need to ask yourself and your groom.
Now down to the brass tacks, here. You cannot do anything until you sit down together, and your families to discuss the following
1) Who is paying for what
2) If parents are helping, ask to commit to an exact amount
3) Use your budget guideline to help give you an idea of how much a wedding cost (example food and beverage should be 50% of your budget)
4) Set your top 3 priority categories
5) Estimate how much you will need to save by the time the final bills are due
6) Think about setting up automatic payroll deductions into a money-market account
7) If possible sign up for a low-interest credit card that earn points or miles and use that card for all wedding purchase and use the points or miles for the honeymoon!
Once you have tackled these two topics then go forth and call Taylor’d Events Group to get you going in the right direction!